сряда, 20 януари 2016 г.

Booked non existent apartment

We have used Booking.com many times but we have been scammed. 
In May we booked an apartment through them for a week in London in October. A few days after booking we received an official looking booking and introduction letter from the Apartment owners. That asked if we needed airport transfers etc. Two days letter we received another email from the owners asking for early payment. As we had booked through Booking.com I thought all was legit. We paid. A month later I decided to check our accommodation. I could not find it on Booking.com.
 I checked the website and email address from our welcoming email and found it did not exist. The address given on Bookin.com exists but it is for a private apartment. I rang Booking.com and alerted them to the fact that I have booked a non existent apartment. Later that week I received a cancellation letter saying I have cancelled the booking but they had waived the cancellation fee which we should have been billed for. I rang again and said how could there be a cancellation fee when there is no apartment. I requested full repayment of monies that I had paid. I forwarded a copy of the letter from my bank stating that the money is not traceable or retrievable. Booking.com then said they have sent off my letter to their accounts department for possible refund. 3 weeks later and more phone calls still nothing. Booking.com should have checked the apartment out before allowing them to be on their site. Here's hoping for refund.